Association of College and Research Libraries Conference, Cleveland, Ohio, 2019
- Co-Presenter: Academic Librarians Serving Diverse Populations of Multilingual Students
Film & History Conference, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 2017
- Presenter: “Household, Hospitality, and Paternal Authority in Atlantis, the Lost Continent (1960)”
MALS Program, CUNY Graduate Center, New York, New York, 2017
- Presenter: The Library of Pantainos
Association of American Publishers, Professional & Scholarly Publishing Division, New York, New York, 2016 (invited)
- Panelist, “Increasing Discoverability and Sales through Metadata: Enhancing the Reach of Scholarly Ebooks.”
Classics Program Talk, Graduate Center, CUNY, New York, New York, 2016
- Presenter, “Technology United: How to Use Different Technological Tools for Research.”
Association of College and Research Libraries Conference, Portland, Oregon, 2015
- Presenter, “On Campus, Online, Off Hours: Librarians that Sustain Graduate Student Scholarship and Discourse: Collections.”
ACRL/NY Academic Librarians’ Writing/Research Group Event, Mercy College, New York, 2014
- Speaker, “How to Get Ideas for Professional Publications.”
ACRL/NY New Librarians Discussion Group-Mentoring Program Event, ART-NY, New York, 2014
- Panelist, “Demystifying the Hiring Process.”
Ancient Libraries Conference, School of Classics, University of St. Andrews, Scotland, 2008
- Presenter, “Galen on the Alexandrian Library and the Official Copies of the Athenian Tragedians.”
Library Staff Workshop, Purchase College, State University of New York, 2000
- Organized and planned half-day staff in-service day.
Education in the Classroom, Purchase College, State University of New York, 1999
- Co-presented and co-facilitated faculty retreat workshop given twice.
Metanoia ’98 Planning Committee, Purchase College, State University of New York, 1998
- Planned campus-wide events and activities with representatives and administrators from different departments.
- Materials Sub-Committee. Planned handouts for event. Wrote bibliographies for distribution at event and for faculty awareness.
SUNYLA Annual Conference, Fredonia, New York, 1998
- Panelist. Presented paper on downsizing and outsourcing at the University of Pittsburgh’s University Libraries System.
Making the Grade: Library Skills for College-Bound Seniors, Southern Westchester Board of Cooperative Education, 1998
- Organized and co-presented at a workshop for school librarians and administrators.
University of Texas at Arlington Libraries, 1996
- Presented paper to faculty and staff on the future of archives with regard to the World Wide Web and electronic documents.
MARC Holdings Workshop, University of Pittsburgh, 1995
- Co-presented on MARC holdings records in the NOTIS database to library staff.
School of Library and Information Sciences, University of Pittsburgh, 1994
- Discussed the cataloging of archival collections with students in LS2000 class.